Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Calgary trip and Leva


I have been out of blogging for 2 weeks now. Kinda like a cappuccino sabbatical. My parents were gone and then I went to Calgary. I was going to try some cappuccino's there but time did not allow. There was one interesting adventure though that involved bacon foam. It was a soup with this 'essence of bacon' on top. When we asked about it, he said that it is frothed like a cappuccino but rest assured, it tastes nothing like one. I couldn't stomach it. If I was reviewing bacon cappuccinos it would receive a terrible rating. But since I am not, I will share the photo and then move on to the real review ....



Now, on to Leva.



I went there today on the recommendation from my source. My first impression wasn't great as there was absolutely no parking. Being in the university area, there were 5 spots available and then everywhere else required a parking pass between 8am and 6pm. So I ended up having to park in the Mac's parking lot. My guilt got to me and so I went in and ended up buying a bag of peanuts (I have no idea why peanuts. They were just there). So before I even started I was out $1.06 and eating peanuts that I didn't even want to eat. (Why I didn't buy Miss Vickies I'll never know).

But the place looked fantastic. Lots of windows, super urban and even had an Italian family sipping macchiatos. The coffee was small and my first taste was bitter. I almost went to get the sugar but on second sip, delight. I don't know why the top tasted bitter but the rest was smooth.

I also think there was an unintentional kidney as foam art on the top.

But overall I really enjoyed this. I wished it was bigger and I wished I didn't have to pay for peanuts to park. But other than that, delish.


No comments:

Post a Comment