Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blue Plate Diner


I am starting to run low on actual coffee shop options (I've been to 13 already!). Therefore I am opening up the competition to restaurants as well. The Blue Plate Diner is such a fun, funky, retro restaurant that I kinda already knew the cappuccino wouldn't be that great. Their focus can't be great coffee when they are serving delicious gnocchi in an old school bowl that looks like it is from your grandmother's house. But I ordered it anyways, the cappuccino, not the gnocchi.
Now, I will say that this review is a bit unfair because I was there to celebrate a friend's birthday with a bunch of old friends from an old part of my life. So I didn't really even critically drink the coffee, I just sipped it and laughed about those great times. Made the cappuccino taste delightful, even though deep down I knew it wasn't really all that good. But the company and the occasion affected the flavor enough that I can't really even say why it wasn't all that good. All I know is that I don't want to order another one.
So I am going to whittle this review down to two points: 1. My guess is that most restaurants won't make a good cappuccino. And, 2. if I am there with good friends, I won't even notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment