Sunday, December 13, 2009

Urban Diner


A friend of mine and I snuck over to Urban while our daughters were at their ballet Christmas party on Saturday afternoon. A perfect time for an eggs benedict and a cappuccino!
Now this was the absolute foamiest cappuccino I have ever drank. The actual cappuccino wasn't outstanding, but I absolutely adored this foam. I believe the cappuccino should be 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk and 1/3 foam but I would venture to say that half of this drink was thick, velvety foam. The coffee was a bit of a letdown, but luckily there wasn't much of it.
But, let's be honest, the best part of the whole experience was laughing with my friend about a certain karaoke party of days long ago. We remembered Physical, Bad Medicine, AC/DC, Funny Valentine (this got a huge laugh), Dancing in the Streets..... Oh those days. Funny, fun days.
So, the final result? The cappuccino was fine, but the reminiscing was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment