Monday, December 7, 2009

Axis Cafe


I went to Axis Cafe this freezing cold morning. It is right in the middle of downtown so I worried about finding a parking space but - lucky for me - there was one right in front of the store. I grabbed some change to go pay for the meter but when I went to put my money it said, "$2.50 for one hour, Meter only accepts toonies and loonies. Max time is one hour". Oh Edmonton, your ridiculous ways no one can fathom. How on earth can I pay for one hour without using quarters? Why not just say that it costs $3.00? or why not accept quarters? But don't worry, Edmonton has a great River Valley right? Right.

Anyways, on to the cappuccino. I had really high hopes for this one because when the barista handed it to me, someone behind me yelled, Now THAT is a beautiful cappuccino! Here's hoping ...

At first glance, it was smaller and really foamy. At first taste, it was slightly bitter but no need for sugar. The atmosphere was hopping ... often about 11 people would walk in at once, I can only assume as a coffee break from work. Seemed like the place to be.

My overall impression? I definitely liked it. I think I would go there often if I worked downtown. It's a bit out of the way for me and I wish I didn't have to pay to park. But I liked it. It was just fine. If I was dating these coffee places, I think I will still want to marry the Italian Center, but I would definitely go on a second date with Axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment