Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Wired Cup



Having always hated Edmonton (note: this is an inside joke) I never really found myself investing in unique and interesting places to go so when I took on this challenge - given to me by myself - I needed help. I needed someone to point me in the direction of new cappuccinos. And so, soon enough, I found a source. This source has given me all sorts of fun places to try. And so, thanks to said source, I went to The Wired Cup.

This was my first cappuccino from a coffee shop that I had never heard of before. I had no idea how to get there (what in the world is this Connors Road?) and had no idea what to expect. First sip .... bitter! I don't know what has happened to Edmonton espresso beans, but all of my cappuccinos thus far have had this bite to them. This one was the strongest. The foam was great, thicker than most. And after I put in a healthy dose of sugar it tasted so much better. It was in your basic white cup again, but this one was more bowl-ish than cup-ish. I prefer cup-ish. Mainly because I can't finish a bowl of coffee. It was fine, totally fine.

I think I will know when I find that perfect cappuccino because it will go down smooth. It won't bite me back. It will be in a small cup and it will have foam art. Are you out there perfect cappuccino?

No comments:

Post a Comment