Monday, November 2, 2009

Transcend


Transcend was my first cappuccino that was brand new to me. Never been to the shop, never tasted their wares. First off, I am realizing how importance the ambiance is. This shop is funky. You can see the place where they roast their beans right beside the till, there is a TV that tells you all about the farmers that Transcend buys from, and everyone working there looked ridiculously cool. Before I even drank my cappuccino I was sure I would like it. Brilliant Transcend.... Brilliant.

Next my cappuccino arrived in a brownish colored cup (my first non-white cup) and had foam art! Real, live foam art! I immediately pulled out my iphone (which fit in perfectly with the other people who were fiddling with their iphones) and took a picture.

Finally it was time for me to take a sip, and it was great! No surprise there. It still had a bitter edge to it (maybe they all do and I just didn't know?) so I once again had to use sugar. I didn't find it creamy like the Duchess one - it had very potent coffee flavor to it - but I enjoyed it. The cup was too big (for me) so of course I didn't finish it and it cost a dollar more than the one at Duchess. But it had foam art! Super cool.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice.

    Why do you prefer the Cappuccino over the Latte?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the Cappuccino because it has more foam and less milk. I thought it would give a better coffee taste. And it felt trendier, which is the ultimate goal.

    ReplyDelete