Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Holt Renfrew


I know what you are thinking (and by 'you' I mean all 2 of my readers). You are thinking, Holt Renfrew? Seriously? You went for a cappuccino at Holt Renfrew? But I googled 'best cappuccino in Edmonton' and Holt came up. Being true to the blog I decided I can't judge a cappuccino until I tried it. And I also knew that it was made with illy coffee so it had a fighting chance.

Well, are you ready for it? Amazing. This cappuccino was one of my (can I admit this?) favorites. The main issue with it was cost. It was $4 for a cappuccino about half the size of most (and those were around the $3 range). So I won't be frequenting the Renfrew for it. But it was so good. I didn't need any sugar and it had absolutely no bite to it. It came with a sprinkling of some kind of nutmeg/cinnamon mixture on top (a far cry from foam art but at least something) and it was in a small cup.

I hate to say it but this one will go near the top. Only the price will hold this one back from being the best one I think. There is something inherently wrong with paying $4 for a drink that really would have cost them, oh, $0.50?

But seriously, it was so good. So good.

2 comments:

  1. In the interest of being thorough, if you're going to go to Holt for a cappuccino, I nominate you to find a Mc Cafe and try their new attempt at european coffees. Seems bizarre to me but I'm still admittedly curious. I realize you won't get anywhere near a lovely ceramic cup. Or foam art. But you're the one who started the blog so I think you actually nominated yourself. Although I'm going to upgrade my nomination to a double dog dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was carefronted about this earlier and so i may review the iced capp.

    ReplyDelete