Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mandolin Books and Coffee Company


I am realizing that coffee is like red wine. Some people like their wine bold and strong. That to them makes a good red wine. I, on the other hand, like it smooth. I want to enjoy my wine without having to *cough*. That *cough* doesn't look right. I am trying to explain how, when you drink something strong you kinda hit your chest and goes *ah hem* or something like that. Anyways, I don't like my wine to bite me back.

Same goes for coffee. Some people out there (I can't imagine who but they must be out there) must love their coffee full of this *cough* or *ah hem* bold flavor. Not me. I want my coffee to be smooth. Every coffee so far (save The Duchess for the most part) has needed some or a lot of sugar. So this leaves me wondering ... Is This My Fault? Am I Just Too Picky? I think only time will tell. But I will plug away and keep trying.

As for Mandolin Books, well ... I will just say this:

Neither myself nor my friend finished our cappuccinos

and

*Ah Hem*

6 comments:

  1. I think what you're looking for is called a creme brulee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I ALWAYS finish my drink.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you are too picky. :) i dont think you like cappuccino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy

    I would appreciate it if you could tell me the approximate time and date you were at Mandolin so issue might be addressed.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was there just before the 10th. Let me just say that you have a delightful little store, though. No offense meant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess people have different tastes in cappuccino's.......opinions are always welcomed...but not always facts. If you don't like them ahem strong...don't go to Italy.

    ReplyDelete