Monday, November 16, 2009

The Italian Centre


There are a few reasons why this blog is turning out to be a really great project for me. One is that I get to try all sorts of cappuccinos. Some great, some not-so-great, but still, all part of the experience.

Second, more often than not somebody will recommend a place for me to try and then take me there, so I rarely have to judge the cappuccino by myself. Makes it way more fun.

And third, it is getting me out and about Edmonton. I am trying out all sorts of different places which are all over the city and so I am finally learning how to navigate Edmonton. Did you know there is a high level bridge AND a low level bridge?

Well today was no exception. I had never been to the Italian Centre so it was really fun to check out the market first. There's not a lot that can put you in the mood to drink a great cappuccino like shopping beside a little old Italian lady buying mozzarella.

And then there was the cappuccino. I won't declare it to be the best .... just yet. But it was as close to perfection as I have come. A smooth drink in a small cup. It was so good that I actually felt like I could have had a second, which must be a good sign. And it was $2.25. The cheapest I've paid thus far.

It seems, dear other cappuccinos in Edmonton, that the Italian Center has thrown down the gauntlet. Will any other compare?

No comments:

Post a Comment