Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tesoro


I went to Tesoro yesterday to try out their coffee. It's a cute little restaurant in Oliver Square. They serve pizzas and salads as well as all forms of coffee. I got the feeling like they were trying to make you feel like you might actually be in Italy while you were here.
I liked that the cappuccino came in a unique cup. Most of the cups I have had are white but this one had these crazy markings all over it. Felt like a party before I even started.
But here's where I get confused. This cappuccino was bitter again and had little to no foam. The impression I am getting from some anonymous people who have posted strange comments on this blog is that this is a true cappuccino. But the Italian center, a place run by Italians, has this amazingly smooth cappuccino with pillowy foam. I dare someone to argue with the Italian lady behind the counter who precisely made me that ridiculously amazing drink.
So I don't get it. But to be honest it doesn't matter to me. I am going for the cappuccino that tastes best to me but also has all the perks that I like too. And so I feel confident saying that this one was not the best. It was fine, I had to add sugar, and it looked like a really great place to hang out (the $10 pasta looked phenomenal)... but I still love the Italian center.

1 comment:

  1. It looks good. I was under the impression that a "true cappuccino" was mostly foam, but as long as it tastes good:)

    The best cappuccino I've ever had was in Zizzi. It was very bitter and I ended up putting about 5-7 sugar cubes in.

    ReplyDelete