Monday, January 4, 2010

The Manor


After a beautiful but freezing cross country ski, my friend and I decided we needed a cappuccino. We popped over to The Manor, ski boots and messy hair and all, to warm up. This restaurant is one of my favorites in Edmonton. I love that it is in an old house and I love the food. Even though we looked slightly out of place we still ordered yummy desserts and warm drinks. I kinda think this is how you survive Edmonton. Outdoor activity followed by good food.
Sadly, I did not love this cappuccino. I have better photos of it but I am going to use this one to show you how the foam all but disappeared on its own. It sat for about 2 minutes while I was showing my friend all of my 'must have' apps on my iPhone and by the time I went to photograph it, the foam was half gone! I could almost hear the foam popping away, like when you have a bubble bath with your kids cheap Barbie Bubble Bath and within the first 5 minutes the bubbles have pretty much melted away. That is how this foam looked. Within three sips, the foam was gone.
So I won't be going out of my way to go there for a cappuccino, but I kinda feel like, Who cares? because I will forever go there for the poached pear salad. It's phenomenal.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of disappearing foam, but I guess there's a first for everything. I've had foam to congeal and grow flat, but that is because I like to sweeten it at home, lol.

    ReplyDelete