Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Starbucks






The first capp that I decided to try, simply because of location and convenience, was from Starbucks. It was exactly as you would expect a Starbucks cappuccino to taste. The foam was pretty good, the coffee was a bit on the bitter side and the cup was just plain white. Nothing fancy but also nothing terrible.

One might even say it was mainstream. I didn't add sugar, but should have. It needed a bit of a punch.

But, here's what I have to say about Starbucks. It is consistent and reliable. I knew what this coffee was going to taste like before I ordered it. It is because the cappuccino that I ordered in Edmonton is made the exact same way as the one ordered in Dubai or apparently at a new location built exactly on top of where the Berlin wall used to be.

Just what you'd expect from the SBux; building random coffee shops everywhere in the world, but serving the exact same coffee wherever you end up. Reliable, but not necessarily phenomenal.




1 comment:

  1. That's the sort of cappuccino I typically get. It is rather bitter, but manageable if you don't have the right sweetener on hand. If I'm in a city, I sometimes will go to restaurants and get cappuccinos. Calorie wise, a cappuccino is almost always on the safe side:)

    ReplyDelete